Bean Soup with pumpkin and zucchini is one of those meals that warm you to the bone. This soup is full of vegetables and tastes so good.
Soup is a favorite dinner for my family. I love being able to throw a few ingredients in a pot or slow cooker knowing that within a few hours a warm and comforting meal will be on the table.
Since Fall has arrived, I have been making more soups. This bean soup with pumpkin and zucchini is full of chunks of fresh pumpkin and pieces of zucchini. I find it to be the perfect soup for the end of Summer and beginning of Fall.
Big and I do our best to grow as much produce as we can. There are things, like pumpkins, that we just can’t grow due to the size of our suburban lot.
The tomatoes in this recipe are from our garden as well as the zucchini. It was the last zucchini in the garden and had gotten rather large. I only used half of it for this soup. I shared the other half with my daughter.
When you get ready to make this soup, please note that the pumpkin used is a pie pumpkin (or at times called a sugar pumpkin). Pie pumpkins are smaller than the pumpkin most of us use for carving at Halloween.
Bean soup with pumpkin and zucchini is a clean eating soup. Why, you may ask.
- Full of fresh vegetables
- Uses Organic vegetable broth
- Uses Olive Oil (only 2 TBL)
- Uses white beans (a great source of protein)
Here is how to make Bean Soup with pumpkin and zucchini:
- 2 Tbl Olive Oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 ribs of celery, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 cups cubed pie pumpkin, skin removed
- 1 can diced tomato (15 ounces)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 TBL oregano
- 1/2 tsp dry thyme
- 8 cups organic vegetable stock
- 1 can organic white beans
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- Heat 2 tBL olive oil in a dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Add chopped onion, celery and cubed pumpkin. Cook for about 2 or 3 minutes, until onion begins to become opaque.
- Add garlic and pumpkin and cook for another 3 or 4 minutes.
- Add salt, oregano, thyme,and chicken stock. Simmer for about 1 - 1 1/2 hours or until the vegetables are softened.
- When vegetables are tender, add white beans and zucchini. Cook for another 10- - 15 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
Does this bean soup with pumpkin and zucchini look like a meal your family would love? I think they would.
Here are more pumpkin recipes your family will love:
Autumn’s Savory Pumpkin Cream Pasta with Bratwurst from Kudos Kitchen by Renee.
Chocolate and Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars from A Day in the Life on the Farm.
Chocolate Hazelnut Swirl Pumpkin Muffins from Love and Confections.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Pizza from Gluten Free Crumbley.
Kadu Bouranee from Culinary Adventures with Camilla.
Maple Pumpkin Butter from Cooking With Carlee.
Pumpkin Bread Rolls from Making Miracles.
Pumpkin Cornbread from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures.
Pumpkin Crepes from The Redhead Baker.
Pumpkin Milkshake from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings.
Pumpkin Waffles with Pumpkin Praline Topping from Grumpy’s Honeybunch.
Pumpkin Whoopie Pies from The Freshman Cook.
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chili from Palatable Pastime.
Whipped Pumpkin Spice Honey Butter from Family Around The Table
Looking for more Clean Eating Vegetable Recipes? Click on the photo below.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Broccoli Apple Salad with Tahini Dressing, a clean eating recipe - January 20, 2017
- This is How We Roll Thursday Link Party #99 - January 19, 2017
- Lentil soup with squash and kale; a vegetarian one pot meal - January 16, 2017