Birthday Cake bars are chewy and soft sugar cookies made into a bar. Add a some sprinkles and you have birthday cake bars!
If you are a reader of Feeding Big, you know that recently I have joined a group called #SundaySuppers. The group is filled with the most wonderful foodies you have seen on the internet. I remember seeing the group a couple years ago and wishing I could be a part of it. I am so tickled to say that I now participate on a regular basis, sharing recipes based on a theme.
The originator of the group is Isabel from Family Foodie. She has worked hard to get families to sit down to Sunday Supper again. I love this idea and have strived to keep my family at the table on Sunday. No phones, no computers is the rule. Just family time.
Isabel is having a birthday today! As a way to celebrate her birthday, we are sharing recipes that we would take to her birthday party! As I write this, Isabel is clueless to what the group is doing. She does not know about any of this and will not find out until Tuesday 8/3.
If Isabel were living down the street, something I would love, I would make these Birthday Cake Bars. They are easy and quick to make and yet full of sugary goodness.
- 2 stick butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- Vanilla icing
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line a 9 by 13 inch baking pan, leave a 2 - 2 1/2 inch overhang. Coat foil with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, melt the butter and let cool slightly. When cool, whisk in sugar, eggs and vanilla. When blended add the flour and salt. Finally fold in the sprinkles.
- Pour in pan and bake for about 25 minutes or until edges are set but center is soft.
Join me in celebrating Isabel’s Birthday with all the delicious food and drinks her #SundaySupper family prepared!
- Birthday Cake Cocktails by Daily Dish Recipes
- Blueberry Lavender Mojitos by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Caipirinha Colada by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure
- Fig-Bourbon Fizz by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Mocha Martini by Desserts Required
- Mocha Mudslide by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Plum and Thyme Champagne Cocktail by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Summer Fizzies by Momma’s Meals
- 2-Ingredient Deviled Eggs by Shockingly Delicious
- Apple and Chorizo Crostini with Shallots and Basil by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Buffalo Chicken Wontons by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Burrata Caprese Crostini with Proscuitto by The Crumby Cupcake
- Chorizo and Kimchi Potato Pancakes from kimchi MOM
- Cotija and Roasted Corn Guacamole by Simply Healthy Family
- Gluten Free Basil Tomato Flatbread by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Salt Cod Fritters by Recipes Food and Cooking
Birthday Main Courses:
- Chai Sweet Chili Chicken Flatbread by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Chorizo Eggs Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Espetada (Portuguese Beef Skewers) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Grilled Salmon Rice Salad by Magnolia Days
- Sofrito Marinated Beef Skewers by Nik Snacks
- Steak with Red Wine Reduction and Blue Cheese by The Weekend Gourmet
- Angel Food Cake by Feeding Big
- Birthday Blondies by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake with Buttercream Icing by Whole Food | Real Families
- Chocolate Doughnuts with White and Chocolate Glaze by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- French Vanilla Eclair Cake by Love and Confections
- Homemade No-Churn Nutella Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cheesecake by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Italian Cream Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Japanese Cherry Blossom Brownies and 10 Tips on How-To Get Drunk With Happiness by NinjaBaker
- Mint Chocolate Cream Pie by gotta get baked
- Pink Lemonade Cookies by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Queijadas de Sintra by Food Lust People Love
- Red Currant Cheesecake Ice Cream by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Summer Peach Cake by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Recipe Makeover, 40+ bloggers sharing healthy recipes and a giveaway - April 24, 2017
- Recipe for Cajun Shrimp Sheet Pan Dinner - April 21, 2017
- This Is How We Roll #112 - April 20, 2017