“This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Weave Made Media®, Smithfield® and Farmland®, but all my opinions are my own. #weavemade #GetUpandGrill #GetFiredUpGrilling http://my-disclosur.es/RgFrEH”
BBQ pork ribs with strawberry chipotle sauce are the best, and I do mean the best, ribs I have ever tasted!
I have always been a fan of ribs. I think they are one of the best summer time foods. I was picking up a few things at Walmart the other day and saw these yummy Smithfield pork spareribs. One of the things that caught my eye was the price of the ribs. They are under $2.00 a pound! As you know, I am on a tight grocery budget and am only buying protein that is under $2.50 a pound. Thanks Smithfield for helping me stick to my budget!
When I got home, I told Big that the menu had changed and we would be having ribs for Sunday dinner. (I think her eyes lit up a little.) I also decided to make up a quick batch of potato salad! I began to think of our Sunday dinner as being the all American grill out! Boy, was I fired up!
I began to search my refrigerator for some sauce and didn’t find anything there! I knew I didn’t want to head back to the store, so I went on an internet search. What I found was a great recipe for Strawberry Chipotle Sauce. I know, it might sound a little strange, but just wait until you taste it. It is the perfect combination of sweet and heat. I really think I could have just eaten it by the spoonful.
I checked the back of the Smithfield pork spareribs package to find the correct cooking time. I was glad to see that I could grill them or pop them in the oven. I decided to do a little of both.
Here is what you do first:
- Rub the ribs with some salt and pepper
- Place the ribs on a foil lined cookie sheet (easy clean up)
- Bake them for 45 minutes at 350
Here is what you do next:
- Take the ribs out of the oven place them on a grill that is heated to medium
- Brush on some of the Strawberry Chipotle Sauce
- Flip the ribs over every 5 minutes and continue to brush on the sauce
- After about 15 minutes, remove the ribs from the grill
- Get ready to eat the best ribs ever!
While the ribs were in the oven, I made the sauce. The sauce has a nice thick consistency and sticks to the ribs perfectly. I poured the extra in individual serving dishes so we could add more to our ribs if we decided to.
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup strawberry jam
- 1/2 cup strawberries, crushed
- 1 TBL chipotle sauce (from the can)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- Place all ingredient in a small pan and place on medium heat. Cook until thick. Stir frequently.
Are you a fan of grilling? I know we are. As soon as the weather gets nice, I get outside and get to grilling. I have been known to throw just about anything on the grill! I do know these BBQ Pork Ribs with Strawberry Chipotle sauce will be on our menu again.
What is your favorite grilling recipe? Visit and enter the Get Fired Up Grilling website/sweepstakes for additional recipes and tips from BBQ Pitmasters Moe Cason and Tuffy Stone. Also enter to win a trip to the American Royal BBQ contest and other great grilling prizes! Get your favorite grilling recipe and head on over to enter the sweepstakes.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- This Is How We Roll Thursday Link Party #86 - October 20, 2016
- Why I have a Breast Cancer Awareness Christmas Tree - October 20, 2016
- Easy Mashed Sweet Potato Recipe – A Clean Eating Recipe - October 19, 2016