I don’t think a picnic is complete without a big dish of hot out of the oven baked beans. I just can’t wait to get my fork in them! I think they are always the first to disappear from my plate! There is nothing better than that sweet and tangy flavor of baked beans.
BBQ Baked Beans are a new dish to me. I had never tasted them or cooked the until recently. To me, I always thought that BBQ sauce was for meat! Boy, was I ever wrong! I was so excited to try this recipe You can use any BBQ Sauce that your family loves. I love a sauce that has a little bite to it.
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 28 ounce can of Baked Beans
- 1 Tablespoon Prepared Yellow Mustard
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Heat from Gourmet Warehouse)
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 or 3 strips of bacon (optional)
- Heat oven to 350º
- Heat oil in small pan. When the oil is shimmering, add the onion and sauté till translucent. Add the chopped garlic and sauté one more minute.
- In a medium sized bowl, add the can of baked beans, the sautéed onion and garlic, yellow mustard, BBQ sauce, and worcestershire sauce. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into a medium sized baking dish, top with bacon slices.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 1 hour or until bubbly.
I really hope you will give this BBQ Baked Bean recipe a try. I am sure your family will love them as much as I my family does.
By the way, if this Baked Bean recipe doesn’t sound like one that will tickle your taste buds, check out my recipe for regular Baked Beans. It is one of the most searched recipes I have!
What is your favorite Baked Bean recipe? I love to eat them with hotdogs and hamburgers – don’t forget fried chicken!
These meals may make your family happy too:
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Recipe Makeover, 40+ bloggers sharing healthy recipes and a giveaway - April 24, 2017
- Mexican Corn and Shrimp Skillet, ready in about 15 minutes - April 24, 2017
- Recipe for Cajun Shrimp Sheet Pan Dinner - April 21, 2017