Baked salmon with ginger marinade is the perfect dinner for two.
Valentine’s Day is coming quickly and many couples are wanting to celebrate the day at home with a delicious meal for two. I have to admit, eating out at any holiday can be overwhelming and, at times, not very romantic.
Seafood is a favorite of mine. I could eat it a couple of times a week. Big, on the other hand does not feel the same about seafood. After tasting this baked salmon dish, she changed her mind.
The sauce is a combination of 3 citrus fruits and a little dijon mustard. Oh yes, let’s not forget the fresh ginger. With every bite, you get a bit of tang from the citrus and a spicy taste from the ginger. It is really a wonderful combination.
Here is the recipe for Baked Salmon with Ginger marinade:
Baked Salmon with ginger marinade
A healthy and quick dish that is good for you and good tasting.
- 1/4 cup Organe juice freshly squeezed
- 1 TBL Lime Juice freshly squeezed
- 1 TBL Lemon juice freshly squeezed
- Zest of 1/2 an organge
- Zest of 1/2 a lemon
- Zest of 1/2 a lime
- 1 TBL Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 TSP Fresh Ginger finely minced
- pinch Cayanne
- 2 6 ounce Salmon Fillets
- Sea Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
Whisk the orange juice, lemon juice, lime juice, the zest of all the fruits, olive oil, ginger and cayenne in a small bowl.
In a baking dish, place the salmon and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Pour half of the marinade over the salmon and flip to coat. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to marinate.
Preheat oven ro 400°F
Remove the salmon from the refrigerator and uncover. Add 2 Tablespoons of water to the dish.
Bake for about 10 - 15 minutes until tender. The fish should be flaky and opaque. (remember the fish will continue to cook for a few minutes when you take it out of the oven)
Add the Dijon mustard to the reserved marinade in a small saucepan over medium heat
Simmer until reduced by half. Pour over the cooked salmon and serve right away.
This recipe was adapted from The Healthy Mind Cookbook (available on Amazon)
I completed the dinner with onion roasted potatoes and spiced poached pears with honey and raspberry sauce.
The spiced poached pears were a light dessert after the baked salmon dish. Our dinner for 2 was such a hit that I know it will be on the menu again.
- Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas by Pies and Plots
- Chicken Marsala by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Classic Coq Au Vin for Two by The Crumby Cupcake
- Creamy Parmesan Skillet Eggs by The Texan New Yorker
- Date Night Chicken Teriyaki Stir-Fry by Gourmet Every Day
- Orange Chicken by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Spicy Salsa Chicken by Simple and Savory
- Chicken and Spinach Pasta with Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce by Pook’s Pantry
- One Pan Shrimp and Asparagus Linguini by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Scallop Pasta with Garlic and White Wine by Caroline’s Cooking
- Skillet Rigatoni alla Vodka for Two by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
Red Meat Recipes
- Filet Mignon with Shiitake Mushrooms by Cooking Chat
- French Onion Filet Mignon by The Chef Next Door
- Honey Lime Steak Kebabs by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Mini Mushroom Meatloaf by Cricket’s Confections
- Mushroom Topped Pepper Steak for Two by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pan Seared Sirloin Steak Dinner for Two by Life Tastes Good
- Pan-Seared Nutella Skirt Steak by Brunch-n-Bites
- Petit Filet with Red Wine Pan Sauce & Garlic Mash by Authentically Candace
- Rack of Lamb with Strawberry Mint Glaze by Sunday Supper Movement
- Steak Au Poivre by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Crab Caesar Salad by What Smells So Good?
- Crab Imperial by Monica’s Table
- Creamy Shrimp & Sausage Skillet by Crazed Mom
- Grilled Swordfish with Husk Cherry Salsa by From the Bookshelf
- Peppadew Trout en Croûte by Food Lust People Love
- Shrimp and Grits with Andouille Cream Sauce by Soulfully Made
- Surf and Turf for Two by The Freshman Cook
- Colorful Matchstick Salad with Mint Vinaigrette by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Curried Split Peas by Wholistic Woman
- Edamame Waldorf Salad by Ninja Baker
- Saffron and Leek Risotto – Served 2 Ways by Sprinkles and Sprouts
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Recipe Makeover, 40+ bloggers sharing healthy recipes and a giveaway - April 24, 2017
- Mexican Corn and Shrimp Skillet, ready in about 15 minutes - April 24, 2017
- Recipe for Cajun Shrimp Sheet Pan Dinner - April 21, 2017