Avocado and Shrimp Salad on a warm summer night, what could be better? How about adding a nice crisp glass of Riesling or Chardonnay and a hunk of french bread? Oh yes, good company. Yes, that sounds about right.
Many, many years ago my Father made this dish for my mother and I. I don’t really remember where he got the recipe from. During that time, there was no internet and cooking shows had just started to show up on the television. I remember my Father, who at this point was fully retired, watching Emeril Lagasse on television. I could see my Dad’s brain spinning with ideas. Emeril would finish his cooking and yell, “BAM” and my Father would jump up off the sofa and run to the grocery store. We just never knew what would be on the table!
Anyway, one night Avocado and Shrimp Salad found it’s way to the table. Boy, was I happy to see it there. Avocado is such a creamy and smooth fruit, it pairs well with most anything. Tiny shrimp tossed in a mayonnaise based dressing perfects this lunch or light dinner meal.
- 1 Avocado
- 1 - 1/12 cups tiny cooked shrimp
- 3 - 4 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons celery
- 3 Tablespoons Purple Onion (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Mix the cooked shrimp, mayonnaise, celery, purple onion (if used) in a small bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Cut the avocado in half. Gently scoop the seed out. Gently take the avocado out of the skin.*
- Slice a small bit from the bottom of each of the avocado halves, this will allow the avocado to sit flat on a plate.
- Spoon 1/2 of the shrimp salad on each of the halves of avocado.
- *If the avocado is ripe enough, it should easily come out. If not, you may have to peel the skin off.
- This meal pairs well with a crisp white wine such as Riesling or Chardonnay or Pinot Grigio.
I am sharing this recipe with a great group of food bloggers. We have all gotten together and joined The Salad Bar facebook group. If you are interested in becoming a member, head over to The Salad Bar and check it out.
Also, if you are interested in seeing some more of the best shrimp recipes ever, check these out.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- January giveaway for a $500 Amazon gift card - January 23, 2017
- Broccoli Apple Salad with Tahini Dressing, a clean eating recipe - January 20, 2017
- This is How We Roll Thursday Link Party #99 - January 19, 2017