Asparagus Quiche is one of the many quiche recipe I have made. I think this quiche is my favorite!
If you are a follower of Feeding Big, you know that the “Baby” moved out of the house in January of this year. She is excited to be in her first apartment. I am super proud of her, but I also have to say that I miss her around the house. You can imagine how excited I was when she told me she could be able to come over and spend a few hours with me and we could have lunch!
I am not early riser, but on this day, I got up early and drank my coffee with glee! All I could think about was, “How can I feed my baby girl and make her smile?” The answer was quiche! She is a vegetarian and has been for about 8 years. When she was young, we were both vegetarians, so I had a few great recipes in mind.
I have a basic recipe for quiche that I just love. I think one of the great things about this basic recipe is that it can be changed to suit my needs and what is in my refrigerator.
- 1 pie pre-made crust (can make your own too!)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 onion, chopped fine
- 1 cup of asparagus (sliced into in inch pieces)
- 1 Tablespooon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Place pie crust in pan, I used a fluted pie pan (or a regular pan)
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt, pepper and flour. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, heat oil and butter. Add onion and asparagus. Cook until soft (about 3 - 5 min.)
- When cooked, turn heat off and let cool slightly.
- Place shredded cheese in the bottom of the pie crust. Add cooled asparagus/onion mix. Pour egg mixture on top of cheese.
- Bake for 50 - 60 minutes or until done. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Other additions I have used:
Looking for more Quiche recipes? Here are a couple your family will love:
Looking for the perfect Quiche pan? Click on the highlighted link and you will be directed to Amazon* where you will see some great ones! One of my favorite cooks is Ree Drummond, aka, The Pioneer Woman. I love cooking from her cookbooks. If you are looking for some great quiche recipes, head on over to Amazon and check out their great assortment of cookbooks.
*I am an affiliate with Amazon and will earn a small percentage for any order you place through my website. Thank you!
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Peppermint Meringues (Gluten Free) #ChristmasCookies - December 9, 2016
- This is How We Roll #93 - December 8, 2016
- Not your everyday Oatmeal Raisin Almond Cookies #ChristmasCookie - December 6, 2016