Feeding my family can be a challenge at times. Big is currently a body builder, but in the past was a competitor in Strong Woman competitions. Taylor Ann, my daughter, is a pescaterian who leans more on the vegetarian side. As you can tell, creating great tasting meals that are high in protein is a priority for me. Serving them tasty tuna recipes for lunch or dinner is a great way to make sure they well fed and happy.
Tuna contains about 15 grams of protein per serving and is pretty inexpensive, so I try to serve it when I can. I love to eat tuna straight out of the can, but Big and Taylor Ann like their tuna salads to contain a little something extra!
After scouring the internet for new healthy tuna recipes, I came up with this one. We all loved the crunch of the apples and the sweet tart of the cranberries. This recipe could easily be a healthy lunch or dinner.
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 chopped green apple
- 2 Tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 can of tuna (I used Ocean Naturals premium tuna)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil with 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar for dressing
- Toss all ingredients in a large bowl except for the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Place the torn romaine lettuce on a plate and top with the tuna salad. Combine the last two ingredients and drizzle over the top of the tuna mixture.
This Apple Tuna salad was made using Ocean Naturals Tuna. I love the clean taste of the tuna. I am also very impressed with the responsible way the tuna is caught. My family does it’s best to respect Mother Nature and I enjoy purchasing from a company that does also.
If you haven’t heard of Ocean Naturals Tuna, a great way to find out more is to stop by their Tuna Tuesday Facebook page and get a change to win some!
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Easy Honey Glazed Carrots with Chives Recipe - October 25, 2016
- Christmas Gift Guide for the Natural Living Hostess - October 24, 2016
- This Is How We Roll Thursday Link Party #86 - October 20, 2016