Apple cinnamon oatmeal bread is sweet and delicious and full of apple and cinnamon flavor.
This quick bread is so good, your family will love it. I used a basic quick bread recipe and added a few things here and there. To me, apples and cinnamon are some of the best Fall flavors.
Since we have 5 apple trees in our yard, I have been on the hunt for recipes that have apples in them.
You may ask what makes this bread fall in the clean eating category. Here are a few things that make it a clean eating/real food recipe:
- Use of butter, not oil
- White whole wheat flour, not white
- Applesauce instead of oil
- Maple syrup instead of sugar
I added oats to the recipe for a little extra fiber and protein. Adding foods that up the protein amount is something I really enjoy doing.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted, plus more to grease the pan
- 1 1/2 cups White Whole Wheat Flour (I use King Arthur)
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 apple, grated
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 325. Grease a loaf pan with the butter and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, oats, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium size bowl, mix the eggs, butter, applesauce, grated apple and vanilla.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture taking care not to over mix.
- Bake for about 50 - 60 minutes. Time may depend on your oven. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Great for breakfast, lunch or snack. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator. Freezes well.
Wheat flour is so much better for you than white bread. I used white whole wheat flour from King Arthur. White whole wheat bread has the nutritional benefits of whole wheat flour but with a lighter color and a smooth soft texture.
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Bread is not the only recipe with apples that has com out of my kitchen.
Here are a few more apple recipes that you and your family will love.
- Apple Pie Smoothie
- Cinnamon Apple Chips,
- Clean Eating Spiced Apple Cookies,
- Maple Sweetened Apple Butter,
- Healthy Apple Cinnamon Muffins,
- Easy Baked Stuffed Pork Chops with Cranberries and Apples
- Apple Tuna Salad
Looking for more great recipes with apples? Try a few of these from my blogging friends:
Apple and Nut Drop Cookies by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Apple Brown Betty by Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids
Apple Cider Caramel Sauce by Cooking With Carlee
Apple Dumplings by A Palatable Pastime
Apple Oatmeal Cookies by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Apple Pie & Cinnamon Things by Crafty Mama in ME
Apple Pie in a Jar by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Apple Swirl Buns by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Baked Apples with Chocolate and Caramel by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Brown Butter Apples by Cricket’s Confections
Mini Apple Pie with Cheddar Crust by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
Nana’s Apple Pie by The Crumby Cupcake
Sparkling Cider Pound Cake by Family Around The Table
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Christmas Gift Guide for the Natural Living Hostess - October 24, 2016
- This Is How We Roll Thursday Link Party #86 - October 20, 2016
- Why I have a Breast Cancer Awareness Christmas Tree - October 20, 2016