Cinnamon Chip Scones are my go to sweet when I go to Panera Bread. I love Panera. I love them not just for their coffee, but also for their food selection. They have great sandwiches, soups and sweets. My favorite savory dish is the Cream of Broccoli Soup in a Bread Bowl.
One of my favorite sweets is the Cinnamon Chip Scone. I have wanted to make these for quite a few years, but was unable to find cinnamon chips! Can you believe it?
We lived in West Virginia for many years and the chips were elusive!
Not too long ago, Big travelled to South Carolina and brought home 2 bags of cinnamon chips! Call me crazy, but I thought it was one of the best gifts ever!
I quickly pulled out the mixing bowls and made myself some Cinnamon Chip Scones!
I am so happy to share this recipe with you! I know you will love them, just like I do!
- 3 cups flour
- 2 1/2 tsp. Clabber Girl baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup sugar
- pinch of McCormick Allspice
- 1 stick butter, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup Hershey cinnamon chips
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, for egg wash
- Cinnamon Sugar to sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix dry ingredients into a large bowl. Work in the cut butter until the mixture resembles cornmeal.
- Add the chips and toss.
- Add milk slowly until the dough comes together.
- Remove from bowl and shape into a square that is 1 inch thick. Cut into triangles. Place each triangle on a cookie sheet that is lined with parchment paper.
- Beat egg in small bowl and brush a small amount on each scone.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool.
I hope you really enjoy this recipe. It is a favorite in my house! I would love to hear about your favorite scone!
Looking for more recipe using Cinnamon Chips? Try these out.
- Cinnamon Chip Graham Cracker Muffins
- Cinnamon Chip Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
- Mexican Cinnamon Chip Brownies
Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you again soon. You just never know what I may be cooking!
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Peppermint Meringues (Gluten Free) #ChristmasCookies - December 9, 2016
- This is How We Roll #93 - December 8, 2016
- Not your everyday Oatmeal Raisin Almond Cookies #ChristmasCookie - December 6, 2016