This Almond Sesame Quinoa is easy to prepare and is full of flavor.
I love it when a side dish could actually double as a main dish. You see, my daughter is a vegetarian and I always want to make sure she has a great protein source at each meal. I am so happy there are so many veggie products on the market, but I prefer to feed her unprocessed food.
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill quinoa
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Bring 1 2/3 cups water and quinoa to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 12 minutes or until quinoa is tender; drain. Stir in almonds, sesame seeds, juice, oils, salt, and onions.
Quinoa is a new grain to this family. I used quinoa from Bob’s Red Mill and was glad that I did, the quality and flavor is great. Did you know that Quinoa is the most protein rich foods we can eat. This is great for vegetarians and others who need to make sure their protein intake is high.
I know that we will be making this recipe again. What are your favorite quinoa recipes? I would love to know!
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Broccoli Apple Salad with Tahini Dressing, a clean eating recipe - January 20, 2017
- This is How We Roll Thursday Link Party #99 - January 19, 2017
- Lentil soup with squash and kale; a vegetarian one pot meal - January 16, 2017