Acini Di Pepe Soup is a quick and easy Italian soup that your family will love.. A great broth soup that is filled with flavor and will make any of your family members happy when they sit at the table.
Soup is such a comfort food and this one really hits the spot on those cold winter days. . Families are so busy with homework, after school events and more that no one wants to spend hours in the kitchen cooking up a meal.
This soup takes less than 30 minutes to make yet tastes like you have been cooking all day. I add french bread and a small side salad to complete this meal. A grilled cheese sandwich would be great too.
Soups like this are great as a weeknight meal or a weekend meal. Here is something else that is great about this soup – it can be made in one pot! You can sauté the scallions in the same pan that you add the rest of the ingredients in. Who doesn’t love an easy clean up?
Don’t be fooled by the absence of meat from this recipe. You may want to think that it won’t be filling without a portion in it, but you would be wrong. This soup has such a wonderful flavor that you don’t miss the chicken.
- 1 TBL olive oil
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots (mix)
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1 2 - 3 inch piece of parmesan rind
- 4 cups chicken broth (can use low sodium)
- 1 cup of water
- 3/4 cups Acini Di Pepe pasta
- 1/2 grated parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add celery and cook until softened. Stir often. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add thyme, salt, parmesan rind, chicken stock and water. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the pasta and stir to prevent it from sticking to the pan. Return to a simmer and cook 8 - 10 minutes or unit the pasta is cooked and the broth is lightly thickened.
- Remove the rind from the broth.
- Stir in the frozen peas and carrots and cook about 5 minutes or until they are done.
- Cadel the soup into bowls and top with grated parmesan cheese.
If you are someone who is on a tight budget, this soup is for you. The ingredients are simple and yet full of flavor. Each of the ingredients are probably in your pantry right now anyway.
What are your favorite soups?
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Easy Honey Glazed Carrots with Chives Recipe - October 25, 2016
- Christmas Gift Guide for the Natural Living Hostess - October 24, 2016
- This Is How We Roll Thursday Link Party #86 - October 20, 2016