I am so excited to introduce one of my new friends to you! Her name is Jutta and is new in our country! Jutta and I are both co-hosts at Foodie Friends Friday link party. We also have another bond. If you read Feeding Big or follow me on facebook, you may know what that bond is.
Can you guess? One hint – it is not food!
Please welcome her!
I was thinking about what German treat to pick very long. This Marble Cake made the race. You want to know why?! Marble cake is THE # 1 cake in Germany. Everyone loves it and everyone bakes it – all the time! There is special ways to eat it (yeah, if you thought digging in with a fork it is, wait until I let you know how WE do it) J
(the coffee layer is secret, because you barely see the layer, but get the full taste once you have a bite).
1 cup sugar
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 ½ tablespoons coffee extract
2 tablespoons milk
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 can of sliced pears, drained
Powdered sugar , for garnish
Even tho they are so full of flavor, they totally miss out on moistness. I like it that way, because I grew up like it, but for Americans it might be a new thing.
This is also the reason, why we have special ways on how to eat this cake. You have three options:
2. Take a spoon and drizzle coffee or hot chocolate over it, so you can eat it with a fork
3. Warm up some heavy cream with brown sugar in the microwave, give it a good stir, pour it on the plate and place the cake piece on top. After 2 minutes you have such an amazing flavor coming from the bottom.
Here it is, a piece of cake on heavy cream, can you see how yummy the cream works its way up?!
I have to say, I had lots of fun writing this post/recipe! Now enough the talk, Aprons on and let’s start bakingJ Jutta(HungryLittleGirl)
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- The best nachos recipe, Cowboy Nachos #SundaySupper - June 25, 2017
- Best No Bake Cheesecake with blueberries #DiaryMonth - June 23, 2017
- Alfredo sauce with cream cheese #DairyMonth - June 21, 2017