4 Cheese Pepperoni Pizza Bites are the perfect after school or family night treat. Kids are always hungry and as busy Moms we all get tired of hearing, “Mom, I am hungry! What’s to eat?”
My daughter was pretty hung up on those little frozen pizza bites. I kept bags of them in the freezer and when she and her friends got hungry I knew this would tide them over for an hour or so. Although my daughter and her friends loved the frozen bites, I was not so sure I was happy with what went in them. I do my best to stay away from ingredients that I can’t pronounce.
Imagine how happy I was when I found the recipe for homemade pepperoni bites. I knew my daughter and her friends would love them. I made a couple changes to the original recipe (don’t ask me where I got it, I really can’t remember!). The original recipe called for mozzarella and I while I am fan of mozzarella, I prefer a 4 cheese blend. One of the great things about this recipe is that you can make a few changes to please your family.
Here are a few things you will to make 4 Cheese Pepperoni Pizza Bites
Cute muffin papers (not necessary, but would be cute)
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Italian cheese blend (I used Sarrgento)
- 1/2 cup pepperoni, but in 1/4's
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In medium bowl add, flour, baking powder, salt, garlic, Italian seasoning. Whisk until blended.
- Add milk and eggs, stir until just combined.
- Stir in cheese and pepperoni. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Spray cups of 24 mini muffin pan with non-stick spray. Using a tablespoon, spoon batter in cups.
- Bake for 15 - 17 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm with pizza sauce or sauce of your choice.
4 cheese pepperoni pizza bites can be made geared to your families liking. Here are a few things I have added:
- Chopped black olives
- Chopped mushrooms
- Italian Sausage, cooked
- Hamburger, cooked
We are a family who loves to play games and a snack like this is perfect for game night. I always make sure I have small bowls of pizza sauce or other dips for the bites. My daughter loves to dip hers in ranch dressing.
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from one of the affiliates, I will make a small commission. Thank you for your support.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- This is How We Roll Link Party #104 - February 23, 2017
- Healthy Fats should be a part of your diet - February 21, 2017
- Chicken soup for the cold, over 30 healthy recipes for your flu or cold - February 20, 2017