I was so very excited to be a part of the Thanksgiving theme. To me nothing screams fall and Thanksgiving more than cinnamon. I recently saw the recipe for these little cinnamon roll cookies and I just knew that they would be what I make!
These little cookies are so tasty and they really do taste just like a cinnamon roll. I am not sure if it is the glaze that is drizzled over them, or if it is the brown sugar and cinnamon filling. It really doesn’t matter – they are fantastic!
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups butter, softened
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp active dry yeast
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon until blended.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until ight and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, yeast and salt: gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Divide dough into four portions. On a flour surface, roll each into a 8X6 rectangle; sprinkle with about 2 Tablespoons of the brown sugar mixture.
- Roll up tightly - jelly roll style, starting with a long side.
- Wrap in plastic wrap,
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut dough corsswise into 3/8 inch slices.
- Place 1 inch apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake 8 - 10 minutes or until bottoms are light brown.
- Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk glaze ingredients.
- Dip tops of cookies in glaze. Let stand until set.
- Store in an airtight container.
If you are a blogger and are interested in joining this fun group of bakers. Stop by the Fill the Cookie Jar sign up page and join in. Next month our theme will be Christmas! Won’t it be fun?
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- How I Became A Morning Person – 5 simple steps - September 4, 2015
- Apple Pie Bars – #FillTheCookieJar - September 3, 2015
- Witches Trash – A Sweet and Salty Treat for your Ghouls - September 2, 2015