Fall is my favorite time of the year.  Nature is busy changing her colors, the cooler weather arrives, and fires are being built in the fireplaces. What could be better? How about some fantastic soup for dinner?

My family loves soup and we have it at least once a week during the fall and winter.  It warms our bodies and our souls.  I think my favorite soups are those that cook all day long.  I love the aromas that are wafting through the house when a soup has been on the stove or in the slow cooker all day long.  On those days, I want my family to hurry up and get home so we can eat!

Today, I want to share some great soup recipes from my blog and those of my foodie friends.  Did you realize that most soups are very frugal to make?   Add a wonderful loaf of bread or a salad and you have a frugal family meal.

I hope you take a few minutes to check out this long list of great soups.  When you find a few that you think your family will love, click on the photo and it will take you straight to the recipe!

40 Of The Best Soup Recipes

I am so happy you are here and I sincerely hope that you found a few new recipes to try. I feel sure you will find two or three that will make your family happy when they come to the dinner table.

53 Responses to Soup Recipes – 40 Of The Best For Your Family

1. Love Pasta Fagoli – I am so going to have to try the recipe —- thank you!

2. Kristyn says:

this is awesome! we love soup in our family :)

3. Thanks for all these choices, we are expecting snow today so soup was on my menu!

No! Not snow already! I thought it was cold here and it is only in the 50′s! I hope you find some recipes to keep you warm! Thanks for stopping by!

4. Dee says:

Wow – so many great choices! Thanks!

5. Soup is my favorite food, seriously! It’s the only good thing about the colder months. Well, soup…and Christmas!

Haha! I have to agree, Soup and Christmas – they sort of go hand in hand don’t they? Perhaps that is a stretch, but it sounds pretty good! Thanks for stopping by.

6. Debbie Denny says:

I love soups in the winter! Making creamy potato soup tonight!

7. Trice says:

so happy I stopped by I been looking for great soups to add to the menu this winter.

8. We have had a lot of soup lately. It is a super easy meal, inexpensive and sooo good after a long day working and the night air is cool.
    Great round up. Thanks for including a few of mine.

Always happy to share the love Dawn! Also happy to share some great recipes. You are so right about soups being inexpensive. Many times you can just throw some leftovers in a pot and have a soup.

9. Milena says:

I LOVE soups! I pined this post and plan on trying out a few of these! Thanks so much!

Thanks so much for pinning! There are so many great recipes here that I find it hard to decided which one to make first – well, almost!

10. I love soups! They keep me warm for hours. I just decided that I will make all these soups throughout winter! You picked such great recipes, that I really don’t want to decide for only a couple of them :)

11. Michelle says:

I own a little soup cafe in Singapore. Could use some of these recipes as weekend’s specials. Thanks for sharing. Pinned!

Wow, that is really interesting. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you are able to find a few recipes to share with the folks who stop by your cafe.

12. Jennifer B says:

Wow these all look so good! I’ll save this for later when I need a good soup recipe!

13. kathy balman says:

yum. I’m pinning this too. we love soup in the fall and winter.

14. Lindsey Silvestrini says:

I love soup for the fall! I need to try that Pumpkin Soup ASAP!

15. erica says:

what a selection. I know we could find something we like and a few new ones to try!

Erica
    We Three Crabs

Thanks for stopping by Erica! I am glad that you found some new recipes. I have a different soup planned for every week!

16. Elise says:

I L-O-V-E soup! the creamy potato soup recipe looks delicious!

17. Helene Cohen Bludman says:

Soup is one of my favorite foods. There are so many recipes here that I can’t wait to try.

18. Susan says:

I don’t particularly like soup, but when I saw the cheesy bacon #18, I’m going to have to give it a try. Cheese + bacon, what more could a girl want?

19. Ave says:

I have heard a lot about French Onion Soup – sounds so delicious! Thanks for sharing so many great recipes.

20. Liz says:

I’m with you about them cooking all day and whetting your appetite. They’re so soothing and comforting, aren’t they?

21. With cold weather on it’s way, this is a perfect line up of keep ‘em warm recipes! Thanks!

22. Andrea says:

Mmm… these look tasty! I was planning on making chicken and rice soup for dinner, but I think I may try one of these out instead!

23. I’ve actually NEVER made soup at all! These recipes have inspired me~!

24. Debra says:

Wow, so many great recipes and soup ideas. I love soup and sandwich during the cold months – so warm and filling!

25. We love soup and eat it so often once the weather starts to get cooler. Great collection!

26. I love trying out new soup recipes. Thanks for sharing!

27. OMGosh there’s so many I’d love to try! Thanks for sharing!

28. I never feel like I want soup, but then when I have it I always think “Why don’t I eat more soup!?”

This year, I promised myself I would work on perfecting my pumpkin bisque.

29. Lisa says:

I love soup! Especially now that its fall!

30. Wow, that is almost one and a half months worth of soup. So many soups, where are my spoons?

31. Malia says:

Great collection of soup recipes. This is perfect as it’s starting to get a little colder. Soups will make perfect dinners.

32. Pinning now! I love soup in the fall and winter and these recipes all look so yummy

33. brett says:

today is cold and rainy and raw here in ct and a perfect soup day. i need to choose ONE tho!

34. Debbie Lamb says:

Fantastic! We are a SOUP family! Living in Wisconsin…soups are perfect for cold winters! Pinned

35. Gracie says:

Wow! for sure a great collection of soups. I love soups and I yet to post my recipes. Thank you for the soup list! :)

36. I love soup. Soup & salad, soup and sandwich; soup by itself. I like to try different kinds, so this is right up my alley. I just recently started my 9 year old on cooking lessons, and soup would be a good thing for him to learn and love to cook as well.

Soup is a favorite of mine also! I could eat it all year long (and do!) I think that is so great that you are teaching your little one to cook. What a great life skill and a great way to teach math!

37. Diane Roark says:

WOW!!

What a great list of soup choices and they all look wonderful. I am thrilled your stop by http://www.recipesforourdailybread.com and link up this post.

Blessings and have a wonderful weekend! I look forward to checking out your blog.
    Diane Roark

38. Emerald says:

Tortilla soup is so yummy. As silly as this may sound we tried tortilla soup after watching the movie and fell in love. Its great to try new things.

39. Shanna says:

I love making big pots of soup in the fall and winter. I’ll definitely be trying a few of these!

40. Corinne says:

What an amazing collection of soups. These are perfect for the cooler weather. Plus, with all my family’s evening activities, I love meals that I can easily keep warm in the crockpot so that no matter when someone gets home to eat, they’ll have a hot meal.

41. […] for more?  Here is  a great round up of 40 + Soup Recipes, just for […]