I am usually a bit slow to get on the bandwagon and follow a trend.

Take for instance, pumpkin recipes.

Everybody on the blogosphere has been talking about them.

I have seen some really good recipes.

I have seen some really great recipes.

I even went out and purchased about 5 cans of  pumpkin.

I just wasn’t inspired enough to make any of the recipes.

Until today!

I found this wonderful recipe at the blog of the Binomial Baker.   When you are finished here, stop on over and see what else she has cooking!

Pumpkin Spice Scones

Ingredients for Pumpkin Spice Glaze:

1 cup + 3 TBL powdered sugar
2 TBL skim milk
1/2 TBL pumpkin puree
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice

Directions:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

In a large bowl, whisk flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.  Cut in the melted butter until you have a crumbly  mixture.

In another bowl, whisk the pumpkin puree, egg, and half and half until well combined.   Add to dry mixture and stir until just combined.

Place the dough on the baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.  Pat it out until it is a rectangle that is about 10″ x 6″ and about 1″ deep.

Cut the dough into into three sections and then cut each of those sections into triangles.  Do not move them.  Bake as is for about 12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.  Cook completely on a wire rack.

To make the plain glaze – mix the powdered sugar and skim milk in bowl until the sugar is completely dissolved.

To make the pumpkin glaze -  mix the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, powdered sugar and skim milk until the sugar is completely dissolved.

Drizzle both glazes over the scones!  Admire, eat and enjoy!

Linking up to:
Mom’s Test Kitchen
Kathe With an E
Mrs Happy HomeMaker
Mom’s Crazy Kitchen
Crazy Sweet Tuesday
Blessed with Grace
Tuesdays at the Table
Bizzy Bakes
Willamette Valley Wonder Woman
Sunflower Supper Club

Tagged with →

16 Responses to Pumpkin Spice Scones

1. Angie Walker says:

Oh my gosh Cynthia! That looks amazing!! I’m on my way to Facebook to share this.

2. Shay says:

What a great alternative to my usual chocolate cake. You guys can get canned pumpkin over there ? Amazing!

3. Leah Beyer says:

This looks as good as Starbucks scones! I have been hunting for a recipe. Thanks for sharing!

4. Mary says:

These look so good. I will have to give the recipe a try. Yummo!!

5. kitty says:

These look so wonderful and a perfect treat for Fall.

6. Sally says:

Looks good! Might have to try this recipe.
    Also, I love your blog background!

7. quiltfool says:

Those look deadly delicious. I love pumpkin spice. I’m thinking this weekend…it’s supposed to be cold. Baking would be fun. Lane

8. bj says:

I love just about any scone and have never tried a pumpkin one. Can’t wait, tho.
    Over from Semi homemade

9. WOW these look SO good! I think you’ve just inspired me to try scones for the first time, I’ve been to lazy. :) Thanks so much for linking up to Show & Share Wednesday, I shared this on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SemiHomemadeMom

10. This looks SO delicious!! Thanks for stopping by and linking up! :)
    Melissa

11. Jessica says:

Ha, I know what you mean by not getting “on the band wagon”. People are so creative out here, right? Thank you so much for sharing this on Meatless Monday :)

12. Yummmmmy. This looks delicious. Thank you for sharing this at Raising Imperfection,

13. So much pumpkin…so little time!

Thank you so much for linking up with Raising Imperfection!

Lanaya

PS- Not on blogger so I show up as a no reply. Sorry :(

14. […] Pumpkin Scones look incredible. Creamy and spicy with a nice sweet glaze over the top. Add these to your […]