Potato soup is delicious! Potato soup made in the slow cooker is even better! But wait! Top this wonderful, creamy soup off with bacon and grated cheese and you have just hit the jackpot!
Fall is here.
The trees are changing colors. The weather is changing. Sweaters are coming out of the closet.
This is also the time of the year, my slow cooker(s) come out of the pantry. I love the ease of using a crock pot. Don’t you?
This potato soup is wonderful and creamy. It is also easy and versatile. Guess what, it is frugal too! You can easily make this frugal family meal for less than $5.00 for a family of 4. That is 4 large bowls of soup!
I made a few changes to the original recipe that was found at Our Table For Seven. I used vegetable stock instead of chicken stock and this easy change made the meal a vegetarian meal.
Potato Soup in the Slow Cooker
A creamy and delicious potato soup that is made in the slow cooker and is ready when you are. Top it off with bacon, cheese or sour cream and you have just made the perfect meal!
Write a review
- 3 lbs potatoes, diced (about 1 inch squares, no need to peel)
- 4 Tablespoons garlic powder (I used 2 cloves fresh garlic)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 38 oz chicken stock (I used Vegetable stock)
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Add potatoes, garlic, onion and chicken stock into crock pot. Cover. Cook on high for 5 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Remove soup from slow cooker. Puree in blender or food processor with cream cheese (I used an immersion blender). Pour back into crock pot to keep warm.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Bacon (can use pork or turkey or veggie)
- Sour Cream
Feeding Big http://feedingbig.com/
Thanks for stopping by and I look forward to seeing you again soon!
I believe in creating fantastic meals on a budget. To me budgeting doesn't have to mean eating beans and rice for every meal.I love to scour recipe books for great recipes and then remake them to fit in my $5.00 dinner guidelines.Follow me and I will make sure your meals are not boring and won't break the bank!
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Summer Salad – Grilled Corn, Bean & Radish Salad #SundaySupper - July 5, 2015
- This is How We Roll Thursday #21 - July 2, 2015
- Orange Dreamsicle Cookies – Fill the Cookie Jar - July 2, 2015