Caramel Apple Cupcakes are a little bit of heaven. Well, not really, but pretty darn close! I mean look at the photo – doesn’t that just make you want to run into the kitchen and get to baking?
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 - 3 Granny Smith or Rome apples, peeled and shredded
- 1 12 cups chewy caramel candies (such as Kraft)
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a cupcake pan with baking liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Grate enough apples to ensure you'll get apple in every bite of cupcake (I used 2).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, brown sugar and granulated sugar until smooth. Whisk in the oil and vanilla. Stir the wet mixture into the dry and mix until just combined. Stir in the apples.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared cupcake pan until almost full. Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry. About 25 to 30 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- In a small pan, combine the caramels and cream. Place the pan on low heat and cook until the caramels are completely melted. Stir constantly.
- Slowly pour the caramel over the cupcakes with a spoon until you reach the desired amount. Top with nuts or sprinkles if desired.
I found a couple other versions of this recipe. Caramel Apple Cupcakes by Paula Deen and Caramel Apple Cupcakes by The Girl Who Ate Everything.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy this recipe and come back again!
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- New York, New York – My adventures in the Big City - July 31, 2015
- Easy No Bake Mixed Berry Cheesecake - July 30, 2015
- Healthy Back to School Lunch Box ideas - July 29, 2015